Friday, February 8, 2008

Superman Not Taking Flight In 2009



Now I for one enjoyed Superman Returns, the movie had its flaws, and I can understand the criticism the movie has received from some fans. It obviously did not perform the way that WB projected. That being said I was optimistic when I heard a seasoned screenwriter was coming in to take over the reigns with either a Superman Returns sequel or another Superman movie. Not because I didn't like what Mike Dougherty and Dan Harris did with the Superman Returns script, but because I want to see Superman on the big screen again. I urge anybody who hasn't read the Superman Returns script to check it out, in my opinion, it flows much better than the movie did in some respects.

Anyway, this is what the Hollywood Reporter has to say about the possibitlity of a Superman Returns sequel.

There are at least nine more projects that are not dated but could be slated for 2009, according to one source. But one studio tentpole, the sequel to "Superman Returns," is not so lucky. There apparently are no current plans to add the project to the slate, according to a studio source.

Read the rest here:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/film/news/e3i09f751dd163aa4110d36b46a59d23839?pn=2

No comments: